Major Cannabinoid ID
One Plant DNA Collection Kit is included with the price of each test. Each kit collects one sample, so you'll need one kit for each plant you want to test. Shipping calculated at checkout (free for orders over $200). All taxes included.
Major Cannabinoid Genotyping
A Revolution In Hemp Genetics
Want to know which of the primary cannabinoids will be the dominant one produced in your plants? Well, now you can. Major Cannabinoid Typing enables you to identify whether a plant contains the genes required to produce CBD, THC and even CBG months before you’d be able to determine the phenotype using potency testing. Yes. You no longer need to wait months to determine the dominant cannabinoid in your plants. Major Cannabinoid Genotyping is an essential time saving tool during early stages of plant growth. It increases the cost-efficiency of growing from seed and helps you more effectively manage your crop space. Cut to the chase and determine the phenotype of your plants long before they’re detectable by eye.
Purpose and Use Cases:
- Breeding projects for high CBD varieties (parent and F2 identification)
- Breeding projects for high CBG varieties (parent and F2 identification)
- Pheno-hunts using seeds with unknown cannabinoid dominance\
- Validation of seed and/or clone lots from a new supplier
Major Cannabinoid Genotype Testing can identify the following types of hemp and cannabis plants (see graph below):
- Type I (Bt/Bt) – Predominantly THC expressing
- Type II (Bt/Bd) – Mixed THC/CBD co-expressing
- Type III (Bd/Bd) – Predominantly CBD expressing
- CBG Dominant Plants (B0/B0) – Predominantly CBG expressing, with minor potential for CBD
Results and Billing
Our lab will send results via PDF within 2-5 business days after we receive your samples. Turnaround time depends on the number of samples submitted. Charges will appear on your statement as Delta Consulting. Please contact us or include a note with your order if you would like results sent to a different email address than used for payment. Bulk pricing available for orders over 1000 tests.